Five Star Carpet Cleaning & Restoration in Casa Grande, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, AZ
East Valley 480-450-5871
Casa Grande 520-836-2152
How To Remove Make Up Stains From Carpet
Different types of make-up require different types of cleaning solutions. Successful make up stain removal depends on you knowing which solution works best for the type of stain that you have on your carpet.
- Cleaning Solution:
- For Lipstick: Rubbing (Isoprophyl) Alcohol
- For Mascara and Eye-liner: ¼ quarter teaspoon of dishwashing soap mixed with 1 cup of warm water
- For Liquid Foundation: Regular (3%) hydrogen peroxide
- For Blush, Eye Shadow or Powdered Foundation (non-oil based): 5-6 drops of mild laundry detergent mixed with 1 cup of cold water
- White cleaning towels
- White paper towels
- Spray bottle filled with water
- Plastic Spoon
Removing The Stain
- Remove any excess make-up with a paper towel or plastic spoon, being careful not to rub or grind the stain into the carpet.
- Pour a small amount of cleaning solution onto the towel, making sure it is damp, but not saturated.
- Test a small, inconspicuous area of the carpet with the cleaning solution first to make sure it will not damage your carpet.
- Gently blot the stain with the dampened towel. DO NOT rub the stain deeper into the carpet.
- Repeat with clean area of the dampened towel until stain is removed or no more color is lifted off onto the towel.
- For makeup that has been allowed to dry into the fibers of the carpet, it may be necessary to allow solution to sit on the stain for an hour or more in order to loosen the stain prior to removal. To do this, apply the solution to the towel and allow dampened towel to sit directly on the stain. Then, gently blot to remove stain using a clean towel dampened with solution.
- Mist the area lightly with water from the spray bottle to rinse any residue from the carpet.
- Blot with a clean white cloth to remove any excess moisture and residue. Repeat rinse & blot dry if necessary.
- Place a few paper towels on the wet spot and apply pressure to remove any excess moisture.
For More Information or Help with How To Remove Make Up Stains From Carpet in Casa Grande, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, AZ Call 480-450-5871 Today!