Five Star Carpet Cleaning & Restoration in Gilbert, AZ
HOW TO REMOVE GREASE STAINS FROM CARPET
METHOD # 1
Don't despair, grease stains almost always can be removed from carpet. Here are a few methods for you to try, but if you are not successful we are here to help you in Gilbert, AZ.
First, you should try this easier method of grease removal before resorting to the more complicated methods #2 or #3.
- Mix one cup of warm water with ¼ cup of mild liquid dish soap.
- Dip a cloth in this solution and then put pressure on the grease stain.
- Leave the solution on the spill for five minutes.
- Using a clean cloth, blot the stain. It should begin to lift off the carpet and onto the cloth.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 until stain is no longer visible.
- Flush the area with water, soak up excess water, and allow to dry.
METHOD # 2
Use this method whether you have cooking grease or machinery grease stains that need to be removed from carpet.
- Blot up as much of the grease stain as possible with paper towels. Then apply an absorbent substance like cornmeal or kitty litter.
- Take a brush with stiff bristles and brush the stain to break it up.
- If the grease is still visible, apply a dry-cleaning solvent (Afta Cleaning Fluid is a good one to try) using a clean sponge.
- Apply a dry spotter to the stained area. A dry spotter is made by combining 8 parts liquid dry-cleaning solvent and 1-part coconut oil. Mineral oil, though not as effective, can also be substituted for coconut oil.
- Pour dry spotter onto an absorbent pad, and place the pad on the grease stain.
- Change the pad & repeat as necessary until stain is no longer visible.
- Flush the area with water, soak up excess water and allow to dry.
METHOD # 3
Another way to tackle the task of how to remove grease stains from carpet involves using white vinegar.
- Using a bit of water, sponge the stain.
- Apply a few drops of white vinegar, along with a wet spotter. A wet spotter is made of one part dishwashing detergent, one part glycerin and eight parts water (shake it well and store in a plastic water bottle).
- Pour a generous amount of wet spotter onto an absorbent pad. Place the pad directly onto the grease stain.
- Change the absorbent pad as the grease stain gradually disappears.
- You can repeat steps 1 through 3, flushing the grease stain with water.
So the next time you encounter a grease stain, either from cooking or from your car, don’t sweat it. How to get grease out of carpet is a problem you can tackle with a few do-it-yourself remedies.
For more information on How To Remove Grease Stains From Carpet in Gilbert, AZ please contact us at 480-450-5871.