Five Star Carpet Cleaning & Restoration in Casa Grande, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, AZ
East Valley 480-450-5871
Casa Grande 520-836-2152
HOW TO REMOVE GREASE STAINS FROM CARPET
METHOD # 1
Don't despair, grease stains almost always can be removed from your carpet. Here are a few methods for you to try, but if you are not successful we are here to help you.
First, you should try this easier method to remove the grease before trying one of the more complicated methods 2 or 3.
- Mix one cup of warm water with ¼ cup of mild dishwashing liquid.
- Dip a white towel into this solution and wring out, and then put on top of the grease stain and apply steady pressure to dampen the stain.
- Let the wet towel sit on the stain for five minutes.
- Using a clean towel, blot the stain. The grease should begin to lift off the carpet and onto the towel. Keep moving to a clean area of the towel.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 until stain is no longer visible.
- Flush the area with plain water, soak up as much excess water as you can, and allow to dry.
METHOD # 2
Use this method when you have cooking grease or machinery grease stains that need to be removed from your carpet.
- Blot up as much of the grease stain as possible with paper towels. Then apply an absorbent substance like cornmeal or kitty litter.
- Take a stiff brush and brush the stain to break it up.
- If the grease is still visible, apply a liquid dry-cleaning solvent (Afta Cleaning Fluid is a good one) using a clean sponge.
- Apply a dry spotter to the stained area. A dry spotter is made by combining 8 parts liquid dry-cleaning solvent and 1-part coconut oil. Mineral oil, though not as effective, can also be substituted for coconut oil.
- Pour dry spotter onto an absorbent pad, and place the pad on the grease stain and apply pressure.
- Change the pad & repeat as necessary until stain is no longer visible.
- Flush the area with plain water, soak up any excess water, and allow to dry.
METHOD # 3
Another way to tackle the chore of how to remove grease stains from carpet involves using white vinegar.
- Using a bit of warm water and a sponge, dampen the stain.
- Apply a few drops of white vinegar, along with a wet spotter. A wet spotter is made of one part dishwashing liquid, one part glycerin and eight parts water (shake it well and store in a plastic water bottle).
- Pour a generous amount of wet spotter onto an absorbent pad. Place the pad directly onto the grease stain and apply pressure.
- Change the absorbent pad as the grease stain gradually disappears.
- You can repeat steps 2 through 4 until the stain is gone, then flush the area with plain water, soak up any excess, and allow to dry.
So the next time you encounter a grease stain, either from cooking or from your car, don’t worry about it. Just try these do-it-yourself remedies, and if you don't successfully remove the stain, give Five Star a call!
To Schedule Your Cleaning or For more information on How To Remove Grease Stains From Carpet in Casa Grande, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, AZ Call 480-450-5871 Today!