Five Star Carpet Cleaning & Restoration in Gilbert, AZ
You've had it happen, right? Your alarm goes off, you jump in the shower, get dressed, and you get ready to head out of the door and start your day. You’ve got a hot, fresh cup of coffee in your hand, and its going to be a good day here in Gilbert, AZ. Until you spill your coffee. Yikes! Coffee stains were not part of your morning plan, but don’t worry, there is a solution for removing coffee stains from carpet.
HOW TO GET COFFEE STAINS OUT OF CARPET
The first thing you want to do when you spill coffee is to act fast. The worst thing you can do when removing coffee from carpet is to wait!
- Get some paper towels or a dish towel and gently blot the stain. If you scrub the coffee spill, you will just spread it. The key is to gently try and absorb as much of the color-carrying liquid as possible, before the coffee stain sets in.
- Flush the area of the carpet with no more than 1 cup of cool water. Get another clean dish towel or paper towel and continue to blot the area.
- Next, mix two cups of lukewarm water with 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Add a drop of liquid dish washing detergent to the mix as well. If lemon juice is not available, you can make an alternate solution using 1/3 cup white distilled vinegar to 2/3 cup of lukewarm water.
- Apply the solution to a clean sponge. Don’t soak the sponge, but get it damp enough to have an effect when applied to the stain.
- Begin at the outside of the coffee stain and gently rub in a circular motion, working your way to the inside of the stain.
- Rinse the area with clean, cold water.
- Using a clean, dry towel, remove any excess moisture by stepping directly onto the towel and firmly pressing. If the coffee stain still remains, repeat the process listed above until the stain is no longer visible.
For more information on How To Get Coffee Stains Out of Carpet in Gilbert, AZ contact us at 480-450-5871.