Five Star Carpet Cleaning & Restoration in Casa Grande, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, AZ
East Valley 480-450-5871
Casa Grande 520-836-2152
You've had it happen, right? You’ve got a hot, fresh cup of coffee in your hand, and then oh-noooo ... you spill your coffee. Yikes! Coffee stains were definitely NOT part of your morning plan. Don’t worry, there is a solution for removing coffee stains from your carpet.
HOW TO GET COFFEE STAINS OUT OF CARPET
The first thing you want to do is to act quickly. The worst thing you can do when removing coffee from carpet is to wait and do it later!
- Get some paper towels or a dish towel and gently blot the stain. If you scrub the coffee spill, you will just spread it. The key is to gently try and absorb as much of the liquid as possible, before the stain sets in.
- Flush the area of the carpet with no more than 1 cup of cool water. Get another clean dish towel or paper towel and continue to blot the area.
- Next, mix two cups of lukewarm water with 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Add a drop of liquid dish washing detergent to the mix as well. If lemon juice is not available, you can make an alternate solution using 1/3 cup white distilled vinegar to 2/3 cup of lukewarm water.
- Apply the solution to a clean sponge. Don’t soak the sponge, but get it damp enough to have an effect when applied to the stain.
- Begin at the outside of the coffee stain and gently rub in a circular motion, working your way to the inside of the stain.
- Rinse the area with clean, cold water.
- Using a clean, dry towel, remove any excess moisture by stepping directly onto the towel and firmly pressing. If the coffee stain still remains, repeat the process listed above until the stain is no longer visible.
To Schedule Your Cleaning or For more information on How To Get Coffee Stains Out of Carpet in Casa Grande, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, AZ Call 480-450-5871 Today!