Five Star Carpet Cleaning & Restoration in Gilbert, AZ
When you ask how to get blood stains out of carpet in Gilbert, AZ, the key thing to remember is the sooner you act, the better. If a blood stain has time to set in on your carpet, it may become even more difficult to remove. If the blood stain you’re trying to remove is dry, go ahead and loosen the stain by breaking it up with your shoe or a stiff sponge. This action will remove the surface deposit.
Try this method to get blood stains out of your carpet first. It is usually successful and is the easiest method to try.
- Spray or squirt regular hydrogen peroxide directly onto the blood stain.
- Take a clean, white cloth and dip it in warm water.
- Blot wet cloth directly on the blood stain, repeatedly, rinsing cloth out with water as necessary.
- Repeat steps until the stain has disappeared.
If the first method does not get blood out of your carpet, follow these steps as an alternative stain removal option.
- Mix one-half cup of warm water with one tablespoon of vinegar.
- Using a cloth or sponge, apply the solution directly onto the blood stain .
- Blot the stain until the liquid is fully absorbed.
- Repeat until the blood stain is no longer visible.
- Apply a sponge dipped in cold water directly to the stain, and blot dry.
If you’re not a fan of putting solutions on your carpet, here is another way to tackle removing the stain.
- Fill a spray bottle with cold water (if you don’t have a spray bottle, you can wet a white cloth and apply it to the stain.)
- Spray the cold water onto the blood stain.
- If the stain is rather large, spray the stain from the outside, working your way in. This will prevent the blood stain from spreading and bleeding onto a larger area of the carpet.
- Use a wet vac to suck out the remaining moisture (if you don’t have a wet-vac, use a dry towel to blot the stain.)
- To help the area dry faster, point a fan directly at the stain for a few minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Once the area is dry, vacuum to remove any excess dirt or stain residue.
- Continue to repeat steps 1 through 6 until the blood stain disappears.
Do you have a blood stain on your carpet that you just can't get out? For more information on How To Get Blood Stains Out of Carpet in Gilbert, AZ please call us at 480-450-5871.