Five Star Carpet Cleaning & Restoration in Gilbert, AZ
How To Remove Make Up Stains From Your Carpet
Different types of make-up require different types of cleaning solutions. Successful make up stain removal is dependent on knowing which solution works best for the type of stain that you have on your carpet.
You will need:
- A Carpet Cleaning Solution:
- For Lipstick: Rubbing (Isoprophyl) Alcohol
- For Mascara and Eye-liner: ¼ quarter teaspoon of dishwashing soap mixed with 1 cup of warm water
- For Liquid Foundation: Regular (3%) hydrogen peroxide solution
- For Blush, Eye Shadow or Powdered Foundation (non-oil based): 5-6 drops of mild laundry detergent mixed with 1 cup of cold water
- White cleaning towels
- White paper towels
- Spray bottle filled with clean water
- Plastic Spoon
How To Remove The Make Up Stain
- Remove any excess make-up with a paper towel or plastic spoon, being careful not to rub or grind the stain into the carpet.
- Pour a small amount of cleaning solution onto the towel, making sure it is damp, but not saturated.
- Test a small, inconspicuous area of the carpet with the cleaning solution first to make sure it will not damage your carpet.
- Gently blot the stain with the dampened towel. DO NOT rub the stain deeper into the carpet.
- Repeat with clean area of the dampened towel until stain is removed or no more color is lifted off onto the towel.
- For makeup that has been allowed to dry into the fibers of the carpet, it may be necessary to allow solution to sit on the stain for an hour or more in order to loosen the stain prior to removal. To do this, apply the solution to the towel and allow dampened towel to sit directly on the stain. Then, gently blot to remove stain using a clean towel dampened with solution.
- Mist the area lightly with clean water from the spray bottle to rinse any residue from the carpet.
- Blot with a clean white cloth to remove any excess moisture and residue. Repeat rinse & blot dry if necessary.
- Place a few paper towels on the wet spot and weigh them down with a heavy item.
- Let this sit for a few hours to absorb any excess water.
- Remove weight and towels and allow area to air-dry.
- When area is completely dry, vacuum thoroughly to lift the nap of the carpet and remove any remaining dry residue.
For more information or for help with Carpet Cleaning: How To Remove Make Up Stains From Your Carpet in Gilbert, AZ please contact us at 480-450-5871.